Internet – Moscow – Bergen – TV – Ljubljana – Milan – Belgrade – Berlin – Hong Kong – Dresden – Olympia – Madrid – Velenje – Seoul – Svalbard
“We shall fight them on the beaches. We shall fight them on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender.”
Ballettikka Internettikka is a series of tactical art projects which began in 2001 with the exploration of Internet ballet. It explores wireless Internet ballet performances combined with guerrilla tactics and mobile live Internet broadcasting strategies.
From 2001 to 2009 nineteen different Ballettikka Internettikka actions were performed:
* Net Ballet – Internet, 2001
* Ballet Net – The Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow, Russia, 2002
* M-III Robot Ballet – Bergen International Theatre, Bergen, Norway, 2003
* BRVI – Ballettikka RealVideo Internettikka – Television Slovenia – Cultural Program, U3, 2003
* Autto Mobillikka – Ljubljana Motorway Ring, Slovenia, 2003
* Illegallikka Robottikka – Teatro alla Scala, Milan, Italy, 2004
* BEO Guerrиllиkka – National Theatre, Belgrade, Serbia, 2005
* VolksNetBallet – Volksbühne, Berlin, Germany, 2006
* Commerciallikka – Internet / Heineken Draughtkeg, 2007/2008
* Portraits – Internet, 2007
* Aeronauttikka – Internet, 2007
* RenminNetBallet – Hong Kong City Hall, 2007
* Stattikka – CYNETart, Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau, Dresden, Germany, 2007
* Olymppikka – Internet, Fire Polygon, 2008
* Religgikka – Internet, 2008
* SubAquattikka – Internet, 2008
* Hydraullikka – Plaza del Rey, Madrid, Spain, 2008
* Intermenttikka – Total Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul, Korea, 2008
* Norddikka – Svalbard, Norway, Arctic Ocean, 2008/2009
Ballettikka Internettikka uses impossible connections to develop the possible strategies of resistance and disobedience. The project participates in the already existing protocols of communication, yet without being servile to these protocols, it opens up links between emotionality and technology, production and ethics, desire and organization, imagination and institution. The distribution of politics and intimacy without any reason and purpose, with the use of limited, defined and controlled protocols is a dystopia and an unsubmissive revolt to the world of capital, which can be disarmed only by the use of its own tactics.
Authors: Igor Štromajer and Brane Zorman
Theoretical Adviser: Bojana Kunst
In conjunction with the Ballettikka Internettikka presentation-performance as part of Exodos Festival 2009, a retrospective exhibition of Ballettikka Internettikka is on view in Škuc Gallery.
Opening of the exhibition: Wednesday, 22 April 2009 at 8 pm.
The exhibition is open from 23 April to 21 May 2009.
Guided tours of the exhibition: 12 May at 6 pm + 21 May 2009 at 6 pm.
In the years 2001–2009 the following collaborators participated in various ways in producing the project – without them Ballettikka Internettikka would not have been the same:
Bojana Kunst, Irena Pivka, Janez Janša, Sakrowski, Sven Holly Nullmeyer, Nils Are Mohn, Åsmund Njøs, Giullia Ferrari, Viktor Stehanov, Robert Klančnik, Vlado Gotvan Repnik, Igor Delorenzo Omahen, Nathalie Boseul Shin, Sabina Yeowoon Lee, Eun Ji Kim, Jung-eun Lee, Ana Vujanović, Jelena Knežević, Marta Popivoda, Miroslav Kulić, Milica Pekić Conev, Johannes Birringer, Thomas Dumke, Klaus Nicolai, Sven Parmon, Nora Ng, Keith Lam, Diane To, Nathalie Hénon, Jean-François Rettig, Arturo Enrique Moreno Reyes, Jurij V. Krpan, Hooman Sharifi, Jaka Železnikar, Dejan Habicht, Tanja Lažetič, Peter Tomaž Dobrila, Aleksandra Kostič, Anne Roquigny, Daphne Dragona, Jana Renée Wilcoxen, Stanka Brljević – VPK, Christine Van Assche, Frederique Baumgartner, Mojca Menart, Iztok Premrov, Uršula Menih Dokl, Blaž Nardin, Marko Klinc, Julia Höntzsch, Ana Buigues, Barica Blenkuš, Nikolina Bujas-Pristaš, Goran Sergej Pristaš, Aldo Milohnić, Aleksandra Globokar, Daniel Družeta, Bojan Golčar, Olia Lialina, Peter Pospelov, Laura Cantarella, Blaž Križnik, Ute Fischer
In the years 2001–2009 the project was financially supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia, the Ministry of Culture of the Kingdom of Spain, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Serbia, Norsk Kulturfond, Arts Council Korea, Hong Kong Arts Development Council, Hong Kong Cultural Service Department, the Municipality of Madrid, the Municipality of Dresden, the Municipality of Belgrade, the Municipality of Ljubljana, Epson.
Exodos Festival 2009 Catalogue – Ballettikka Internettikka pages, designed by Inge Pangos: